Saturday 12 May 2012

Katie Price Horse Stories and Riding Tips


At what age did you start riding?
I’ve been riding since I was seven, when I used to ride a grey pony called Echo. He always tried to bomb off with me, and I fell off nearly every time I rode!

Who were your main inspirations back then?
John Whitaker and Milton, definitely. When all my friends had posters of boy bands on their bedroom walls, sad old me had John Whitaker and Milton!

How many hours a week do you train on average?
Difficult to say as no week is ever the same for me. If I could, I would ride every day but I guess on average it’s probably two or three times a week.

Do you have one event that you particularly look forward to?
As a spectator, it has to be Olympia. I’ve been going for years. Christmas isn’t Christmas without a visit there!

What has been the highlight of your riding career?
When I did my dressage to music demonstration on Jordan’s Glamour Girl at the Horse of the Year Show.

Do you have a top tip for young riders?
Like everything in life – set goals and aim for them! You can achieve whatever you want to achieve.
Where do you most enjoy hacking in Surrey?
To be honest, I haven’t hacked much in Surrey, as until fairly recently I lived in Sussex and still keep my dressage horses there. However, I have just moved one of my horses to a stable down the road from me and another one is coming this month. Also, Junior now has a pony at the same stables. So I’m really looking forward to getting to know the hacking around me. I’m told it’s fabulous.

What’s your favourite piece from your own collection?
My favourite Katie Price equestrian piece is the blouson jacket. I love them. They come in some fantastic colours – a really strong raspberry pink, a pale pink and a lovely aqua blue. They are really snug!

Do your children enjoy riding as much as you?
I’d never push them into riding if they didn’t seem keen but at the moment all three of them do seem to share my passion. Harvey has been riding for some time – he does it at school. Junior absolutely loves it and I bought him his first pony at Christmas – a lovely little Welsh grey called Moonie. Princess is only two but loves being around horses and having the occasional ride with a lead rein.



No comments:

Post a Comment